Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash out of a 96 or newer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Feb 25, 2001.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Ok i have been tossin this idea round in my head for awhile...has anyone every tried to modify a full dash out of a 96 or newer truck?? i had the idea or puttin it in my 72...do ya think it would work? dumb idea and i should just scrap it? tell me what you think and if it would work or not.

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"

2. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

there was a yellow mid 80's chevy truck that had this done to it in one of the 4x4 mags awhile back. I don't remember which mag or when!

baldbandit

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by baldbandit on 02/25/01 06:58 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i saw that truck at the 4xFunfest at sandwhich il. back in sept of 97...it made the cover a few months later...check about jan of 98 4wheel and off road....not sure about the first gen. blazers, but on his he said that the wires all matched it just had to be seriously molded, cut and modified since the windsheild is fairly flat compared to a 90-somethings curved glass....it looked good as hell, he even made it into an extended cab by using a section of a blazer....its a big yellow chevy with a green splash type graphic going from the bottom of the front wheels to the bed at an angle--so you know what to look for.....

AIRBORNE!!

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well i am goin to see if i can track down a wrecked truck with all the dash intact....and see what i can do with it.

Chaz

"Hondas look good under a k5's tires"

5. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

I had seen a mid 90's ford truck with a complete Lincoln Mark eight dash and seats. Although not a k5 it was trick none the less....

Love, Peace, and Hair Grease...........