Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dash pad cover success stories

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nyyef, Oct 14, 2000.

1. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

can anyone who has installed one of those plastic dash covers and are very happy with the fit and results please tell me the manufacterer they bought it from.
    TIA

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

2. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

come on guys, i cant believe everyones original dash is in new condition.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

3. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

you said you only wanted posts from people who were happy with the fit and the results. mine is a coverlay from lmc. is doesn't fit quite perfect. the speakers holes and vent holes don't line up right and the defroster vents at the base of the windshield warped from the hot summer sun.

it doesn't look bad if you just give it a casual glance. if you start studying it you will notice the defects. also they had 4 colors, but they didn't have the color to match my dash and i wasn't going to paint it. i got the tan one.

phil

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got a coverlay in my 79 that I've had for about 10 yrs or so...I ain't thrilled with the fit and mine warped at the vent slots also...I painted mine to approximately the same color as my beautiful Hawaiian Blue original..."bout the only good thing I can say is that it looks better than what it's covering up...and it looks pretty much the same today as it did when I first put it on...sorta like puttin' perfume on a pig...I think I'm gonna put one of those rug lookin' kind on my 89, since it ain't cracked yet...JD

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I'm so glad mine was taken care of! Actually it has a small crack. You might be able to go to an interior place and they might be able to fix it a little.

90K5

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Isn't that what they make dash mats for? To cover up the cracks?[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

8. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Same experience w/ my 79. It painted up really nice. Fit is better around the dash where the bezel holds it in place. A little warped around the vent slots.

Go slow, and use a lot more RTV than they send with it.

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

10. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Mine is cracking and peeling all over the place! I don't know why exactly...I put it on the way they said to and its still messed up. Don't get one in my opinon. And don't get it from JCWhitney they say you didn't take care of it and left it in extreme heat.

Waiting for the surgeon general to ban K5's and Jimmys for being too addictive