Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dash pad

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Jul 29, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Is anyone or has anyone used a coverlay dashpad. Want to know if they are worth it. My is not to bad, but not to great either. Next question is on door panels. Where is best place to get them?

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> LMC has some nice ones !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

3. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

jc whitney sells door panels. not sure on thier quality. with the proper prep work you can get old panels to look like new with some dye.

Check out my 73 K5 members.theglobe.com/xnoahx/73k5.htm

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Truck TV has been redoing a K5 for couple weeks now, few weeks ago they did a coverlay from Cheyenne pickup, looked great, and actually seemed to go together quite nice,, however I just picked up a dash pad from hotstuff (jim) that had one crack in it, I filled the crack, and got the spray paint for vinyl looks almost as good as a new one. You might be better off going for a new/used one without cracks, yes, they are out there. Cheyenne also has door panels. good luck!

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305

5. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I too have been considering the coverlay. Looking for more comments on it and a picture from somebody that is using one.

Let The Sun Shine Down Upon My Face
    Topless 73