Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash Printed Circut

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Suffergauge, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know how these things work?
    I have had a speedo light out since I bought my rig. It finally bugged me enough to change the stinkin bulb. Low and behold.... it still doesn't work! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Without ripping the entire dash appart to see the actual circut and how the lights are wired in I am at a loss. Is it possible that only one light can stop working? I would think that they are all part of the same "loop", or do they have their own individual power source for each bulb?

Thanks,

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I think all the lights run on the same source, the turn signles, 4x4, brights all those run on there own sources. I would guess you may have a bad plug or the printed circuit is broke/cracked and/or not making contact. Try taking a good plug/light from behind the volt gauge or somewhere and putting in the speedo spot see if it works, if it does you have a bad plug (clean it). If not and the speedo light still does not come on it might not be making contact (try cleaning with rubbing alcohol on a papertowel right good and try it again?). If you want pics of the back to see what it looks like PM me.