Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash Question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by not4show, Jul 12, 2001.

1. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Alright, on 69-72 blazers and trucks, what kind of gauge goes in the hole on the bottom second from the right. I've seen a lot of these dashs and they have always been blank. Thanks

2. JBOY

JBOY Registered Member

i have a dash that someone swapped into my blazer before i bought it, it must have been from one of the larger trucks, c-40 or c-50 maybe? it's got an Air Pressure gauge in that spot, but nothing connected to it, just a capped threaded pipe fitting on the back.
    John

JBOY

3. kilomanjaro

kilomanjaro 1/2 ton status

it is for a vacuum guage, don't see too many of them around though.
    kilomanjaro

4. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

That spot originally housed an air pressure gauge for brakes on the bigger trucks. There is an aftermarket replacement lens and gauge to convert it to a vacuum gauge. Classic truck sells the conversion for gauge clusters w/tach for pretty big money ($190)! Probably better ways to go, but an option nonetheless. They also sell a kit to convert both the tach and vacuum gauge combo.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.americanclassic.com>http://www.americanclassic.com</A>

5. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info guys, i'll probably just leave it blank though. For now anyways.