Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Storm24m, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

This might be a dumb question, but what is the empty hole above my radio for? It is about 5"wx1.5"h and has a post hole on each side. Thanks

2. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

It is for the center vent for A/C. You must hav a CST? <font color="red"> 1 FN HI K5 </font color>

3. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

How di I tell if it is a CST? If it had A/C, it IT HAD A/C! There are no A/C components anywhere that I've seen. My blazer is a mess under the dash as far as heater and A/C??? goes. Nothing is hooked up. I need to figure the heater issue out before winter arrives. Otherwise it's gonna be a cold winter! Thankfully it's not a daily driver.

4. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

I looked at your pic's your truck did have A/C someone changed you heater/AC box to just an heater box. You have the holes cut out on both side of the dash for the ball mounts A/C. By the way i like your anti theft LOL It works. <font color="red">1 FN HI K5 </font color>