Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dash wires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazinzuk, Oct 5, 2006.

1. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I need to know what each wire that goes into the dash (printed circuit) does. My Haynes is no help at all. My blazer is a 73 without a tach. The gauges it has are a temp an amemeter oil pressure (this one is a mechanical gauge) also has a brake light in the smaller gauges fuel gauge and speedo

I am in the process of rewiring and I have alot of wires in the connecter and not enough in the new harness.

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Help me Help me. I need to know by tommorow night so I can finish this project. Just need to know the color or wires and what they do.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You need a wiring manual for your year of truck.

GM changed the wiring various times over the years, guessing using later diagrams is a recipe for disaster.

The way to do it without a wiring manual is to trace the PCB, match the PCB p with the wires in the connector, then de-pin the connector and match the wires up to the right slot in the connector when you put them back in.

If you pulled the old ones out already, you are in a bit of a pickle, especially if the colors aren't identical.