Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash wiring problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by islandblazin, Mar 10, 2005.

1. islandblazin

islandblazin Registered Member

I can't figure out why my dash lights arnt working. I rewired my dash a while ago, and had nothing wrong with it. Then suddenly the dash lights dont work. Although, when i turn the knob all the way to the left the under light still works that makes me feel like the switch is working but i dont know what wire has gone bad. I'm willing to just put a whole new wire out of the switch but i dont know what wire it is. Can anyone help me find a wire diagram for a 72 chevy k5 blazer dash switch. There are like 8 wires going out of it ( im not sure of that number) and none of them are the same color as the wire that comes out of the bundle that leads to the dash.

I have tryed: changing the fuse
    testing the wire at the dash (no power)
    testing the grounds (they are good)
    run a new power wire to the dash lights to see if they are good ( they are)

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

when i had a problem, everyone said to check at the back by the tail lights and liscence plate light. a lot of people found their problems there.

do you have parking lights?

just to throw this out, the po of my truck had everything grounded to the brown wire of the harness which is for the dash lights, and i removed it and everything worked again for me.

good luck