Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dash Wiring Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, May 4, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody...

I am fabricating a few lights into my dash after the VDO install, and I have one indicator I want to hook back up that I cannot find a reference for.

There was a light that indicated when I was in 4 wheel drive (it never worked, but thats not the point... lol [​IMG])... I am wondering what color of wire it is in the wiring harness...

Thanks for the info everybody... By the way Steve, new servers seem a LOT faster!!! [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I believe its kind of a seperate entity. I wish I could remember the wires but its REAL easy to fix. There is a switch on top the case that goes bad. Its only a $12 part and bolts right it. Its sort of a pain to reach but outside of that, its cake. Basically how the light works is that you have a hot that goes from the cab, under the carpet and out by the shifter. This wire goes down to the switch to the t-case and back out from it. Then the return goes back out by the shifter, under the carpet and up to the light. The other wire comming of the light socket just goes to a ground. The only thing it needs to work is a hot source, nothing to do with the rest of the lights in the dash.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</A>

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info... I'll have to see if I can find this today and get it hooked up... [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]