Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. charliel

charliel Registered Member

Just passing on an idea...

I had some herculiner left over from coating the inside of my 77 Jimmy and decide to try it out on my cracked dash. Filled in the crack with the thick stuff and then painted over the rest as normal. Can't see the crack anymore and the dash looks alot better.

77 Jimmy High Sierra

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Luckily the previous owner of my K5 replaced the dash with a brand spanken new one, too bad he neglected every damn thing else....lol oh well

3. 79Cheyenne

79Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I'd like to see that dash

make some pics please

<font color=orange>1979 BLAZER Cheyenne[​IMG]

4. charliel

I will try to get some pics out soon...BTW, Herculiner now comes in grey, red and white.

77 Jimmy High Sierra

5. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status

i want to turn my interior into grey...it is burgandy now and i don't like it...so i've been going to the junk yard looking for interior panels and can only find a handfull of what i need...but i have all the burgandy ones...so why not just paint them with the grey herculiner?? Do you guys think there would be any sticking problems? i'd probley still have to buy new door panels but everthing else should work!
    How much is that stuff anyways?

6. charliel

Check out www.247autoparts.com I think its around $100 for the gallon kit ($116 with shipping). Comes with 2 rollers, sanding pad, brush and opener. One gallon does an entire 6 foot truck bed. I did my dash and barely used any. Put down 2 coats, 3 where the cracks and holes were. I would have gone with the gray also but I had already purchased the black when the gray came out. Looks like the red, gray and white are more expensive too. Anyway, I like it, it stays flexible with the dash, looks heavy duty, sticks to anything. Use Xylol/Xylene to clean dash before painting.

Cheaper than a new dash and I've still got plenty to do the floor boards!

77 Jimmy High Sierra