Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dashboard Badge for '87

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by turkbroda1, Mar 12, 2002.

1. turkbroda1

turkbroda1 Newbie

Dashboard Badge for \'87

Hello-- I just bought an '87 K-5 Blazer w/ 178K for $700. It's a little rusty, but the motor seems strong. I want to complete the interior, which is missing the badge off the dashboard. However, all I found in the junkyard were things like "Scottsdale" and "Silverado". Does anyone know what belongs on my dash? There's no indication anywhere of any trim level. Thanks.

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

Re: Dashboard Badge for \'87

if you look in the glove compartment i think the trim level codes might be there.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

4. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

I can't remember if this will be on an '87...

Do you have a badge on each quarter panel, near the taillight? That will tell you trim level, if you have them. Also, are your fender turn signal and taillight lenses are ringed with chrome? Then it's probably a Silverado, but even then, they might have been replaced...

The absolute definitive way is to look up your RPO codes, located in the glovebox (if they're still there) as previously suggested.

5. turkbroda1

turkbroda1 Newbie

Thanks to all for your input...:) The marker lights are chromed, but the interior is pretty spartan. There are no trim badges on the rear quarters. The sticker with the codes is in the glovebox, but what does that stuff mean? There's at least a hundred 3-digit alphanumeric codes on it. THNX!

6. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=331292&amp;Search=true&amp;Forum=All_Forums&amp;Words=RPO%20codes&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=331292>Here</a> is a link to an earlier post that listed a site that has all of the decoding information.