Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dashboards

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84k5, Feb 12, 2004.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I am looking for some pics of those molded things that you put over your current dashboard like from LMC. They are $100 I believe.

Also, if anyone has any pictures of one of those carpet covers on the dash, I would like to see that too.

Dashboards are expensive, so just checking out options.

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

The plastic covers suck. they are hard and look like a cover!! My buddy had one in his truck. i think it looks like crap!! No idea on the carpet though. I think that would be better!!
    You can ocasionally find good, UNcracked dash pads on here and on EBAY. Keep in mind that you CAN paint these! I have done it several times. Vinyl spray paint works well. Just gotta make sure it's clean first. I think It would look better if you just replace it with another dash pad. Anything is just...... a cover up!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Had a dash carpet on my truck, sorry no pics, but I got rid of it cause it would fall off on big rutted hill climbs. It was held on by velcro. You could probably glue it on but then it would never come off if you didn't like it.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am wondering this myself, I am going to have all black panels/interior and need to do something about my cracked brown dash pad. The molds suck that bad? Where can you get new dash pads that come in black?

5. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

I've got a carpeted pad on my dash. I'll try to take a pic at lunch. Personally, I don't really care for it, but it looks better than the cracked dash underneath it.

rjfguitar,
    lmc sells new dashes in several different colors. a lot of money though.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

LMC trucks And a couple other resto parts places have new dash's for 229.00. There were some "brand new" dash's being sold on ebay for around 175. The guy is usually selling a couple.
    Here is a blue one On ebay now
    blue dash pad on ebay
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

The previous owners of my truck had a ok idea.They covered the dash in vinyl. they cut it to fit and glued it around the edges.You could probrably use velcro that way you can change it.it looks kinda nice though.

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

if you buy a new dash pad. Go ahead and pay the extra for an original. I bought a prepainted repro and fit and finish is not what I would like. I would get an original (LMC has those too) and paint it to desired color.

9. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

10. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

$25 at the local parts yard in almost perfect shape (one of the speaker grills is cracked slightly). I was surprised, but I found like 3 really good ones there.

11. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

sweet setup /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I just sanded and painted my dash board today. It was grey and my interior is a tan color. I have had it for like a year and a half this way and finally thought hey why not just paint the darn thing. I thought about gettin a dash mat but I would have still been able to see the grey underneath. If you would like I could send you a pic? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Here are a couple pictures of a carpet dash cover.
    http://www.ce20.net/blazer/interior.php

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude is that your rig? I like your setup, very clean and nice. Cool GPS. Looks expensive though /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Here are a couple pictures of a carpet dash cover.
    http://www.ce20.net/blazer/interior.php

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey that looks familiar... it's my rig. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Currently it sits in the driveway waiting for a t-case rebuild.

IMO just throw a carpet cover on it and call it good.

15. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Here is a lousy pic of my dash. Near as I can figure I had three truck interiors in my truck, Blue, Red and tan. It looked awful. Now the whole interior is camo and black. I bought some material off of ebay and it did the whole interior. Material cost 13 dollars and two cans of 3m Spray adhesive for 14 bucks. Total cost 27 dollars. Being able to say I did it myself priceless. OH, I should mention my wife put a good amount of time in on this with me! Happy Valentines day Honey!!!

[​IMG]