Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Daylight Robbery!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Sep 24, 2001.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I went to the bone yard today in search of a blazer driveshaft and electric window motor components for the blazer. Come to find out this yard only had one blazer and 4 suburbans. Hard to kill a fullsize. Anyway here is what i came out with:
    Guts of the tailgate including the window motor, all wiring, and bolts
    I also found a 85 olds wagon that I figured had the same motor so i went ahead and pulled it because it looked new...turns out it was the same motor!
    Tailgate cables since noone in town can get them muchless order them except the dealer.
    the outside power mechanism for the window key activated
    All of this for how much?!?! 25.50!!! 27.30!w/tax I went in there expecting to pay 100+ especially once i picked up the extra motor! I was stunned and out of my mind i asked...for all of this? She said yes sir'. I was like ok! So i paid and left. Also I had all the parts on a door panel because I couldnt carry all the loose pieces at once and i told her i'd bring back the panel and she told me to keep it as well!
    WHAT A DAY!!!!!

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Damn!! Next time I go to my in-laws' I'm gonna have to cruise them Looziana boneyards!!

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. BowtieBlazer

Oh yeah, and they are hiring.....the sign said those who apply cant have relatives, or withstanding warrants or arrests ;)

1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

4. aaaaggh

aaaaggh 1/2 ton status

birmingham alabama cause there no ham like birming
    its not that its hard to kill a fullsize. its just that when people come in to replace thier broken 10 bolts and 700r4's they give them the rest of the fullsize for free.

friends romans countrymen, lend me some parts

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Glad tto hear that some bone yards still let you go walk there yards....

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

6. BowtieBlazer

I hear ya C'moe! Back at home there are three bone yards within a mile of each other...none will let you walk their yards. Kinda crappy b/c when you ask for something whose to say they grabbed the best one(we know they dont) and they usually charge a pulling charge which usually consists of lots of pry bar work and maybe a few necessary wrenches... This place I went to today makes you sign a liability wavier. Which i dont blame them because all their cars are resting on rims under the frames. I refuse to get under a car supported like that myself

1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

7. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

What kind of wagon did you pull the motor out of? I`ve been looking around here but no blazers and all barn door suburbans. Might give me something else to keep my eye open for.

Shane

Never argue with idiots; They will drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience [​IMG]

8. BowtieBlazer

I pulled it out of an 1985 OLDSMOBILE VEINNA?? watch out because most wagons have a pop up rear glass like the s-10 blazers

1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

9. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I got a whole tailgate in the junkyard a couple months ago somebody took the motor out of it and left it, ALL the pieces were there for several weeks my budy told me about it and we both said it's gone. We went a couple weeks later and there it is, so I crabbed it for a whole $18. With only 1 dime size rust spot in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BowtieBlazer

yeah i escaped with two of the most expensive parts the motors...i priced them brand new at 60$ a peice and the one out the wagon was a new GM one... Still sounds like a SWEET deal!

1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer