Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Days off!??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ntaj*ep, Nov 1, 2002.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

How is it that on my days off I have motivation and am ready for all my projects the day before. But when the day does arrive..............I'm on the computer. I've planned to clean out my garage for weeks now to get the Blazer indoors for the winter. Haven't touched it. My parents think I'm depressed 'cause on my days off, I am home when they call to see how I am. Gawd what a maroon. I really need a life badly! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I think that I start to think of it too much as a 'day off' where I don't have to do anything instead of having to do the stuff I otherwise have no time for /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. So, I end up doing nothing /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif instead of working on the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif like I should /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Of course it would help if I was getting paid a whole lot more to afford the stuff I want to do to the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif (or afford to pay friends that have the skills I don't).

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I think your right I only do stuff when I have to! Like working on friends/customers stuff. Which BTW I usually do for free. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Or Sleep!

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I wrote a list of sh!t I was gonna do today...then did my best to sleep as much of today as possible /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I'm disappointed in myself...but I'm well rested now /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rene

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Thats exactly what I do. Im all pumped to do something, then my day off comes and I change my mind and decide to just sit around. SOmetimes having a break where you can just sit and relax is nice though, busy busy all week long.

6. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

"friends" dont take money... they take work in trade.

just a thought

7. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Rene...we took a vote and decided you needed the "Beauty Sleep." /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

OMG its past noon and I'm still here!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have the same problem. When the day comes, I get unmotivated or watch TV or something.
    Here's what I found that works. Go get your parts first thing in the morning. Just the drive over to wherever, then the looking for the right parts or waiting for them to get your stuff, then the drive back suually get me motivated. I am already awake and dressed and not watching TV or sitting on the computer, plus I have new parts, so yeah let's get to work.
    Otherwise, you are sitting at the house, thinking about getting your 'working on the truck' clothes on, but first youy decide to check the forums, or watch the last part of The Price is Right, etc. and then it's 4pm and too late to do anything.
    -- Mike

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Holy sh!t dude! Exactly! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    OMG, is it spreading?! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Quick lets do something!

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Rene...we took a vote and decided you needed the "Beauty Sleep."

[/ QUOTE ]

With my looks I figure I need about 61,957 hours of sleep before I stop scarin the kids in the morning /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rene

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif