Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Daytime running light disable

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by orangeGMC, Sep 22, 2006.

1. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know how to disable the daytime running lights on a 96 Tahoe? I absolutly hate them. And the little indicator light on the dash drives me nuts too.

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

To disable the daytime running lights, you pull a fuse in your fuse panel located on the side of the dash when you open your driver side door. I *think* it is fuse number 15. I also *think* it will say something like "DRL/Fog" on the chart on the cover. I don't have my '96 here right now, so I'm unable to check for sure, so I'm not saying this info is 100% accurate... but it's good enough for you to figure out which fuse needs pulled. Be sure to get down and look closely at what you are doing because the top row of numbers will hide up inside the dash if you don't bend down far enough... then you will be a row off and pull the wrong fuse.

The light in the dash will stay on, but the daytime running lights will be off. You will need to pull the instrument cluster and remove the bulb if you want to disable the dash light..

3. owlbear

owlbear Registered Member

an easier way is to depress the parking brake pedal about a quarter inch untill the little light goes out on the dash

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Doesn't the red Brake warning light come on then? I guess red is a more soothing color then green...lol

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I've always found it easier to just remove the bulb... it takes about 4 minutes. I've found it to be annoying to have to "re-click" the parking brake after every time I use it.