Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

daytime running light replacement bulbs?-UPDATE

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by bigyellowjimmy, Jun 21, 2004.

1. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Im sick of replacing the daytime running light bulbs in my 00 Silverado. Anyone know of a cooler running (my plastic sockets are getting heat deformed) and longer lasting bulb for these trucks? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks!

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

UPDATE-finally found some 3157 LED's on eBay. They work ok, I got the "white" ones but they actually are a blueish color and arent as bright but hopefully they will last a long time and not over heat the terminal. Thanks for the help /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Re: daytime running light replacement bulbs?

Dunno if the LED ones will work for ya. The prongs are little different shaped, but nothing a dremel wont fix for ya.

3. bigyellowjimmy

Yeah, I was thinking an LED would be a good choice but I havent been able to come up with a part number that interchanges with the existing bulb.....

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

What size is the stock one? I know I was able to replace my friend's size with I think a 1156 or something...

5. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    What size is the stock one? I know I was able to replace my friend's size with I think a 1156 or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

3157KX is the part number in the owners manual. I think they just sell me a regular 3157 at the parts store and nobody knows what the KX stands for. I *think* the 1156 was for the year prior to 2000.....