Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dblazer and ALL cd player choice

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 82Jimmy, Nov 2, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I want a good cd player, no built in eq, would really like if it didn't have a built in pre-amp(they suck and get TOO hot), at least 2 crossover outputs...able to take some abuse........any recommendations I was thinking the Pioneer premier 9200deh and the one above that pioneer premier dex or something..but I don't know I don't like the built in eq's

..........and one time at band camp.........

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

When you say no built in Pre-amp, do mean you want a dead head?? No speaker output? And when you say CROSSOVER outputs, are you refering to RCA preouts???

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

3. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for by your description, but IMO Pioneer heads are among the best out there. As for the Built in EQ, just use the custonm setting and set it to flat.

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!

4. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I want no built in amp in my cd player. I just want out puts so I can use my own amps...I had a sony cd player with a built in 35*4 and it got too HOT in there and toasted it all up....

..........and one time at band camp.........

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I think Eclipse and Alpine make the best quality decks, regardless of price. If any of you has heard of an Alpine 7909, you know what I'm talking about.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Have had Pioneer head units hooked up to my Fosgate amps for over 10 years now, no skips, not one problem in all these years in a dusty, dirty environment.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

8. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I like my Kenwood Excelon 815, it's pretty cool, the 915 version has no speaker amp built in, but both have 3 RCA outputs, front rear and non fade for subs, I paid 400 for mine, I had a Pioneer 6000 but my son was in the blazer with me one day and flipped the face down to far and ripped the face connector out of the cd player, had to send it in to get fixed then sold it.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

9. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I've used kenwood for years now. I've had great luck with all of my kenwood goods...decks(two-I wanted to upgrade), amps,eq, and cd changer. Although I must admit, the changer skips quite a bit now. But hey I've had it for at least six years now, five of those in a blazer... with the top down almost all year long, every year! I want to replace it, but I'm going to wait for the mp3 format to get better established, then upgrade to something that will support that format. That way I cary fewer cd's, and more music[​IMG]

10. KingSmoth

KingSmoth Registered Member

I love Pioneer HU's myself. Eclipse decks are great, there is a problem I have read about with skipping in newer models, my friends Eclipse suffers from this. But nevertheless they are great decks as well.

11. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status