Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dblazer and ALL does infinity kappa.....or perfect?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 82Jimmy, Oct 23, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Okay let me state my idea......I want 4 12's I have the cash to do it with. I want to put in 2 rockford 1100a2 amps make custom box, take out spare tire carrier, 2 optima battery spares. A high amp alternator.....and new deck......any way what sounds better the $179 Infinity Perfects or the $119 Infinity Kappa's. What is the best deck out there....and what am i going to need for highs? I am considering aura bass shackers under driver and passanger seats. any recommendations?

..........and one time at band camp.........

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Well, if you really want my "opinion" the I will start be telling you the I do NOT like any of the Infinity stuff. I used to sell it, I dropped the line because A)I felt you didnt get your moneys worth, and B) They are not good as a company when it comes to Warranty thier product. But, if its what you want then I would say the perfects are a better woofer. Hope this helps, sounds like a good system your planning. See Yaa and HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks man! So what do recommend as a goood subwoofer? I know a little as brand wise, like everyone and there lost puppy has jl. Thanks DBlazer

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

If you intended on buying the perfect 12's then you have the money so I would recomend the New Rockford HX2 DVC 123 inch subs. This is a serious woofer, 1000 watts of power handeling, I have been very impressed with them this year. Also the MTX 8000 series are a no nonsense throwdown woofer. Ok, see ya, HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

just curious but is there a huge difference in Rockford 12", xlc 12, hx2 12, he2 12, power dvc 12...just wondering what is better. I see that hx2 has a 1.25-1.75 ft sealed and the power has 2.0-3.5.....twice as much...

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Yes there is a big difference, In a nutshell Starting with the punch, Low power handling low power requirements as it is more efficiant. Basically It just goes up from there, as you go up, XLC, HE, HX, POWER. More power handling, more excursion, more bass, more power required. All the way up to the POWER series. Unless you plan on running Big time power and I mean BIG time power, then I dont suggest them. I really like the HX2's however, they do require quite a bit of power. Lots of it!!!! Good luck, HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

[​IMG]

7. krisw

krisw Registered Member

well i can tell you first hand that the perfect kicks a$$. and for all of you out there that dont like them, why dont you go check out some consumer reviews on them. www.carreview.com has like 100 consumer reviews and there isnt a single bad one among them.

8. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

I would also recomend the perfects. But if you are looking for top of the line subwoofers go with either Digital Designshttp://www.DDAudio.com or Audiomobile http://www.audiomobileinc.com Mass brand subs. if you go to http://www.sounddomain.com you may get better answers. it is a dedicated car stereo forum. Digital Designs subs hold the world record for highest SPL score. And Mass subs are both SPL and SQ subs that have yet to be beat for that SQ/SPL mix, but the Infinity Pefrects come a little close. If you do decide to go with 4 Perfect, which i would recomend for that price, i would get 2 of the JBL powervalve 1200.1 Class D amplifiers. they are matched almost perfectly with the power demands of the Perfects, and it is a great Amplifier, and can be found on EBAY for less than 400 bucks and puts out over 1200 watts at 2 ohms.I have used all three types of subs i have recomended and would recomend them all, but the Masses and Digital designs can take more watts, thats why i use them now and not the Perfects. I have 2 ported Digital designs 9515 which can take up to 1200 watts each and a single Mass 2012 for SQ that is easily taking about 900 watts. sorry to ramble on, but i guess thats it for now. anything else i can help you with just ask, or you can get to me on AOL, or AOL instant messanger at Madwombatz. that goes for anyone else lookin for help.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

9. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

Ok first post here. I needed another board to check twelve hundred times a day :) Any way...

I'll agree with the rockford fosgate recomendation. However I'd say check out the HE2's before you jump right to HX2's. IN my opinion the HE2's have a bit better sound quality than the HX2s. Also the HE2's don't require as much power as the HX2's.

The digital designs recomendation is also a good one. I'm planning to run a single DD 3515-4/4 in a ported box in my Blazer. I've heard nothing but good things about DD.

Mass, I would never buy a mass because of the president of the company. He feels the need to start huge flame wars on the sound domain forums. He bashes other companies products and gives very very biased opinions. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Dan Hathaway
    '86 K5 Silverado
    Pretty much stock for now but I've got big plans like most Blazer owners do :)

10. Channing74

Channing74 Registered Member

ok im in way over my head........ i'll just stick to making inane comments on the regular board ............ seriously i was gonna do a post asking if infinity was any good for almost stock stuff .......... but i got my answer reading this one so.........

Bigger is Better [​IMG]
    Channing74