Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dblazer or anybody?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Rebel-Rider, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

i was wondering how a rockford fosgate punch HX2 15" in a ported box would sound, hooked up to a 600watt profile clarus amp, also do you like the punch HX2 why or why not,
    is the profile a decent amp or should i just save some more money and get a rockford amp to

2. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

For a rockford fosgate punch HX2 15, i would think that you would be better off with a cleaner amp. or just get some less exp. subs. at one time i had a low end lanzar 15 and a lagezy 600 and it did not sound half bad. but is was in a honda Accord.

91 K5 and 73 Cobalt http://brettmcox.rockcrawler.com

4. im_2gr82h8

im_2gr82h8 Registered Member

cleanness of the amp is of no worries when running subs. you will never hear the difference, same goes for the rca's you use. But back to your question, the hx2's are great subs, im thinking of getting 4 for my rig, the only problem is they are VERY power hungry. i would definitely save up for a rockford amp. The amp you should use is a BD110001 (1000.1 power series) tehy are a class d amp and put out around 1200 watts at 2 ohms. Keep in mind that while not needed you should also run a 1 farad cap to the amp. oh yeah, youll need 4 guage wire as well. but as far as saving up, since all the "new" 2002 gear is comming out you can get those amps dirt cheep (less than $460) if you were in wa I'd tell you to come see me and I would take care of you, but yoiu should be able to find them at 400 if you look hard enough.

As for ported box, they sound much louder in a ported box as compaired to sealed, but you do loose some sound wquality. all depends on how you listen to your music, if you like to play loud, go with a ported box MADE TO THE SPECS of the subs. that is what will make or break how they sound. if you run with the top off most of the time and you dont listen to rock, then you might want to consider a bandpass as well.

hope that helps, if you have any more ?'s feel free to ask

5. wahbob

wahbob Registered Member

HX2= excellent, but like it was said before they are also power hungry. As for the Profile amp, i persnally dont care for them but I have heard some decent things about the Clarus line. With 600 watts and a ported box you could probably push the 15 - just not reach its full potential. I would save up for a different amp if I were you.