Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DC gun ban

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TexasBlazerBoy, Apr 10, 2007.

1. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

2. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

No don't do it Larry! Not another ban debate! :eek1: Run for your lives! Save yourselves! :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. TexasBlazerBoy

Did I miss something?:whistle:

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this is a repost... I started a thread about this when the 2-1 decision came down. ;) :thumb:

At any rate, you can bet dollars to donuts that the gun control Nazis are pissed about this. Those clowns have been very cautious about court cases... making sure they only pushed them when they knew they would win. This, combined with legislative action, was their means of achieving incramentalism bent on destroying the 2nd Ammendment. This decision is a serious smack... and my guess is, they won't push the case any further. If they do, and it goes all the way to the Supreme Court... and that court votes 5-4 against gun control, it would be the biggest smack down in the history of this issue. Its that big of a deal. I don't think those hippies will risk it... they will just piss and moan about losing this one and try another avenue of approach.

btw, does anyone else find it a little ironic how the left is on the opposite side of things when it comes to comparing the gun control issue and the Patriot Act? With the former, they say "get rid of them all, keep us safe at any cost!!!" and with the latter its: "you should never trade freedom away to get security... stop trashing the Bill of Rights!!!!". :rolleyes: Clearly their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

j

5. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I remember that post. Don't forget DC is not a state, so it can make it's own laws. (BTW, everyone should be ANGRY that the people of DC DO NOT HAVE VOTING RIGHTS!)

6. TexasBlazerBoy

Whoops, I didn't know it was a repost.

7. jekbrown

we talked about this before. If no one there can vote, how does the mayor get elected?

Also, I have never been there so I wouldn't know... but a Marine buddy of mine who worked at 8th & I said that no one but bums actually lives in DC... pretty much everyone that works their daily comes in from surrounding states (where they can vote just fine)... so all is good.

j

8. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

They vote for there own government but have NO say on a national level. What If I took away your right to vote for the congress/president? There is a large below poverty contingent in DC, but it's better than, say, Detriot. Yes people do move out of DC so they can vote but alot of people would move into the city (me) if I could.

Congress did not give DC voting rights because they wanted an area that Gov. officails could live without being bothered night and day by people expressing there views on them, kinda like suclussion(sp). But ALOT of them live outside of DC anyway, and DC has become a city unto itself, which was not envisioned by our forefathers. They should have the right to vote!

9. jekbrown

considering how they vote in the mayor's races, I'm kind of glad they don't get to vote in national elections. Now, if we could only make Kalifornia the same way.... :thinking: With those 50-something electoral votes out of the way, liberals would NEVER win the whitehouse.

I understand what you are saying about voting rights tho... i get taxed by oregon and cant vote there,

j

10. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

If they had voting rights a different "mix" of people would move there and the mayor berry thing would never happen again.

From my view of things New Orleans mayor may be up there in Berrys league.

11. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

i belive that DC does have some electoral votes in presidental elections but DC does not have any representation in congress

12. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Google it and post it for evryone to see.

13. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Your right there is a primary in DC. There tring to move to the first in the counry to draw attetion to the lack of congressional voting rights.

14. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

15. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

16. jekbrown

looks like they can vote for mayor and Pres but have no legislative votes to cast...

j