Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dc joint

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by schmuck, Feb 18, 2003.

1. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

sorry if you have already seen this post in the garage forum but i realy need an answer im going wheeling in 1 week and i dont have 4wd. do you need the centering ball ? i broke my drive front recently and im flat ass broke, so what im trying to do is use the dc joint and flang from a saginaw and the slip yoke and shaft from a spicer i think i found a joint that will adapt these two together but i cant get the ball off the saginaw shaft and the one out of the spicer is to big so do i really need that ball in there with just a single dc joint wont the u joint center itself?

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

OK I JUST TALKED TO FRIEND OF MINE WHO USED TO BUILD DRIVE SHAFTS FOR A LIVING SO IM GOING TO LET EVERYBODY KNOW FOR FUTURE REFERENCE YOU NEED THE CENTERING BALL THERE IS NO POINT IN TRYING TO DO WHAT IM DOING AT HOME ITS IMPOSSIBLE JUST BRING THE SHAFTS IN AND HAVE THEM MADE

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

also to note, i think you are referring to a CV Joint.

4. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The dc stands for Double Cardan. It is the specific type of cv joint our trucks use. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif