Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DD tire opinions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Feb 7, 2006.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Anybody have any opinions on these tires. Cooper STT. Lookin to get the wifes Tahoe some new tires, and I like how these look. 245/75/R16's Truck will see mainly hi-way, but also weekend warrior, camping, exploring in the mountains. Was lookin at MTR's too, but they are kinda $$$. Found some at Wally World for $152. Anyway any other reccomendations welcome too. Trying to stay under $150 per tire.

[​IMG]

2. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

I say, for a DD, just the regular discoverer S/T's. though nothing wrong with the STT's

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

BFG AT. I think they are about the best all around tire.

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I'm running sidewinder MTs on my 86 K5 dd. But they only see about 3k miles a year and the longest trip I take with em is maybe an hour. Noise isn't much of a factor since I usually have the top off in summer and you can't hear the tires over the wind. They cost me $424 mounted and balanced for the 4 tires at a local shop. When we shop for tires we always check the local non chain (mom n pop)shop because often they'll have a couple sets of 4 tires that someone ordered and never picked up and you can get em at a pretty good discount.

5. jayweb

jayweb 1/2 ton status

cooper stt

I, too, would like feed back on this tire. I agree that BFG at's are a great all around tire (currently running a set). Since the K5 is no longer DD - I am considering this tire - truck will see trips to the beach (200 miles) closest legal wheeling spot is an hour away - dont want to burn off a set of $wampers.