Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dead animals, even road kill can be sold on ebay apparently...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Nov 1, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Alright I was searching for hedgehog stuff just to see what came up on Ebay. And i came across a frozen damn hedgehog.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71129&item=7110494491&rd=1
    That thing looks horrible. It looks like it died in great pain or something. Makes me feel bad for the poor little thing. But then I look at the persons other items and they have a damn roadkill rabbit! WTF is that??
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71129&item=7110495122&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

WTF /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Must be for stem cell research! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Sleedorz - Satanic rites! I seriously doubt if ebay notices they will be left alone.

Backcountry - Ahhh, Stem Cell Research..... the quandry of letting diseased people die VS killing babies to save them, where's the balance?

Sign me up for the Soinic and Tails surgery!

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I could understand if they were stuffed, but it seems they are just frozen waiting to be stuffed. Why would anyone stuff roadkill anyway? I am looking at Ruby right now and she always looks cute even when she is biting you, that frozen hog is nasty. I thought about buying it for the quills(I collect them) but thats just not right. Besides I can wait till Ruby sheds enough for me to make something out of.

6. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Lots of people pick up fresh road kill to practice there taxidermy skills on. Its free and the animal is already dead. I dont think that they should be sold on ebay but i dont see a problem with somebody picking up a road kill or two to practice on..Its better then somebody going out an shooting something with a spot light out of season.

Just think of it like this you just shot a huge 12pt white tail or a huge bull elk and decide to have it mounted dont you want the person doing the work to do a perfect job. This is just a way for them to perfect there skill and technique.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

that makes sense