Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dead Blazer :-(

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Anglewood, Jun 10, 2000.

1. Anglewood

Anglewood Registered Member

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anybody could help give a diagnosis, i havn't been able to look at the engine yet, but here is what happened. I was on the freeway and keeping the RPMs relatively low in the slow lane my 400 has about 180,000 miles on it, and I heard what sounded like a valve tick, she was runnimg coll and had plenty of oil. After about a minute, it got louder and thent the engine just went rattle, rattle and died I was able to get to the side but was unable to turn it over not sure if it ws the problem or heat soak(another story). I think it might be the timing chain, but was wondering what you guys might think. hopefully I can get her up and running without too much dough, but if I sucked a valve that won't be the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<font color=blue>Anglewood</font color=blue>
    http://members.xoom.com/CBlazer.1/bcbalazerpage.htm

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

worst case scenerio you lost the oil pump and it siezed up.

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

3. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

Sounded like a rod brg. Could have been the oil pump first. Some rod brgs go slow sounds like a tick then progresses into a knock then something breaks. but there is alot of force involved and if there was a weak rod or crank it could have snapped. Have no fear though there are many viable options for engines. SB chevys are plentiful and there are 100's of places which offer parts.....

Wasn't me.............

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

May have busted a valve spring.