Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dead Engine

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by detailer03, Oct 22, 2003.

1. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

Well my 89 with 225000 on the engine finally puked. It was blowing antifreeze out of the tail pipe. Now it is locked up and will not even crank. It was fine the all of a sudden, rough running and it was just burning up the anti freeze. There must be so much anti freeze in the exhaust ports it is leaking out.
    Now there are many choices. I can but do not have the time to rebuild mine. GM has some nice engines, but living in AZ they have to pass emissions.
    I am open to all suggestions and places to buy. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Antifreeze does a great job of wiping the bearings clean of oil, as you quickly learned. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Antifreeze does a great job of wiping the bearings clean of oil, as you quickly learned. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    ha,lol, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif yep. when you blow a head gasket or know that your getting water in the oil somehow you should immediatly drain the water and oil and replace with water only in the rad. and fresh oil if you want to keep the motor running a little longer before it blows.

4. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

Now it is locked up. I guess I got home just in time.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status