Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DEAD GOV-LOC's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pauly383, Feb 11, 2004.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

DEAD GOV-LOC\'s

Well here is the Gov-Loc I killed. How many others came close to losing their axles? The arrow on the top shows where the crosspin goes, the arrow on the right shows where the bolt that holds said pin USED TO BE, the arrow on the left pionts to how far down the jagged edges go.I am running a 12 bolt now with lock-rite going in Saturday (cheapest solution ) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Re: DEAD GOV-LOC\'s

Yeah I helped him with that project, we were hoping it was just something like maybe the locking lever was jammed or stuck or something, keeping the axles locked all the time. So when we decided to pull the cover and find out what exactly happened, again hoping not to see much, when the cover was loosened far enough, a big chunk of metal fell out. All i said then was "UH OH" /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif that was all i need to see before the cover was all the way off. When we did get it off, i couldn't believe the destruction it had done.
    It was fun anyway.

3. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

phew. its a 1/2ton gov-lock. my 3/4ton gov-lock is holding up after 26 years /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Im gonna start calling it my lov-lock cuz I personally like em.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

well if that gov-loc is inside a 14bff, your lucky, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif they are alot stonger and last longer. good deal, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif these 10 bolt gov-locs are just a ticking time bomb rollin off the factory line... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

I lost an axle once when my gov lock exploded. Good thing that I saw it stickout 2 feet from my side mirror. I had always heard gov-loks suck but wasn't until I got on here CK5 that I really believe it. -Mark