Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dead motor

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by toms72k5, Nov 17, 2002.

1. toms72k5

toms72k5 Registered Member

Franklinton, nc, it\'s a little place 30 miles nor
    Everybody, i know that i don't post on here a whole lot, but i got some bad new. This past thursday which was nov. 14 around 1pm my 72 k5 through a connecting rod, through the oilpan. It scared me half to death. I was just coasting down the road at about 60 and it made a loud noise, and then it started smoking from the tail pipes and the from under the hood when the oil hit my headers, and my engine stoped runing. I was about 3 miles from my house so aaa towed it there for free. Before they came I looked up under there and saw the hole in my oil pan just under the block it was the number 4 cylnder that went, well anyway i wanted to get a new engine but i was planing one being able to drive my truck tell i got it. I decided to get a 350HO deluxe from GM. I wanted to get big block but since this is my daily drive i need a little better gas milage. Just thought I would let you all know.

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Hate to hear the bad news about the engine. Keep us updated w/ how the install goes and how you like the 350HO. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Tomsgurl72k5

Tomsgurl72k5 Newbie

THIS is Not good!! That means I don't get to sit Sky high When i ride!! Oh man Hopefully He will have it on the road by christmas /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I love you Baby Hope Everything gets fixed ok! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Man that sucks, that stuff always happens at the worst possible times too. Good luck with the HO, I think for a daily driver you'll be happy with that motor.