Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dead Tranny

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89njK5, Jan 7, 2002.

1. 89njK5

89njK5 Registered Member

Drove home from my friend house last night and the engine was racing and I was going nowhere! Got home after the 3 minute trip. Parked in the backyard added tranny fluid, started it back up and it would not go anywhere. What I want to know is do I need a new tranny or do I need to rebuild it? How much can this cost if I drop the tranny and take it somewhere to be repaired?

Where did all this rust come from?

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i looked at your bio, no info on trans, so from the name ill assume 89 and from the question ill assume stock stuff. the 700 can cost 400-700 for a good rebuild. a nother tranny with core could be around 650 with core. i see you're from jersey. where abouts, i wheel over there as much as possible. there's a guy i talked to that sells rebuilt trannies over there. you could pm me or here lilbinson@rocketmail.com that may be easier

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>