Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Deadly tornados in KS, MO, TN!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beast388, May 5, 2003.

1. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

For those who haven't heard about this, click here.

For those members who are in those areas, lets get a sound off. Is everyone ok?

Those storms were wicked and very devastating.

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

They may not have elec. or phones so dont get TOO freaked out if we DONT hear from them right away. 1st thing I thought about was the folks from here up that way.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

We are fine here west of K.C. about 3 hours. Had nothing as far as rain or anything.

My sis-in-law got married this weekend and they left for K.C. on Sunday to go to Worlds Of Fun. Never did hear if they were in the storm or not as we are still waiting for them to call back. My guess is, they are still in the motel room humping like jackrabbits. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My friend in November moved from here to Kansas City... I just looked at her like she was on crack. She was like, oh it'll be fine and all this stuff. Now I hear, holy crap, I'm moving back.... hmmm well yeah, what did you expect. There is a reason it's called Tornado Alley! People give us crap about earthquakes, but I'll take my chances of an earthquake rather then a tonado. Especially since this area only gets small rumblers off of bigger ones in the Bay Area. We rarely have anything bigger then 3.0 here. Heck trucks that drive by my house shake em more. Having been through several quakes, and one tornado, I definately can say quakes are far less scary.... Anyhow, their phone service in the house is out. But her cell phone works. Their cable modem connection is down too. So I think KC area is having some issues. Hopefully resolved quickly! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I talked to a buddy today and he said he heard at last count that there was a total of 84 tornadoes that touched down during that night!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

My dish system died while I was it Tellico and I didn't even hear about the tornados till most of it was over,no TV at all.We got lots of rain and wind here,but,the tornados missed us.I did have about 3in. of water on the ground floor.Made a mess,but,no real damage. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

It was pretty wild here. It was fine at my house but I could hear the sirens. 1 dead in KC Kansas. Other wise wuite a bit of destruction. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Just to give everyone an idea of how spread out it was.... here's a pic of all the tornado warnings etc.

[​IMG]

9. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

For you Non-Tornado Alley folks, a tornado warning means that a tornado has been spotted, a tornado watch means that conditions are favorable for tornados to occur.

10. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Southwest MO as well as KC got hit hard. Last count I heard was 37 dead and 8 still missing. Everything was fine here in mid-MO

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

holy cow, that looks like a military bombing mission drop zone /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif