Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Deadly Weapon Laws

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

OK guys so i findally busted the blade up on my winchester el cheapo knife, the edge was way messed up anyway. I got a old Buck 112 from my grand father last year for my birthday and like it, but I wasnt going to use that gift for a everyday knife. So I went and got myself a new Buck 110 Folding Knife. $29.99 good price I thought. But now that I have it I am wondering If I can legally carry it on me. Does Anyone know a site of the actaully Iowa knife laws etc.? From the brass on that handle the blade is 3 3/4 inchs, but the actaully edge is 3 and 3/8 inchs

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Knife carry law summary

Date updated: Aug 26, 2005 @ 10:11 pm

702.7 Dangerous weapon.

A "dangerous weapon" is any instrument or device designed primarily for use in inflicting death or injury upon a human being or animal, and which is capable of inflicting death upon a human being when used in the manner for which it was designed. Additionally, any instrument or device of any sort whatsoever which is actually used in such a manner as to indicate that the defendant intends to inflict death or serious injury upon the other, and which, when so used, is capable of inflicting death upon a human being, is a dangerous weapon. Dangerous weapons include, but are not limited to, any offensive weapon, pistol, revolver, or other firearm, dagger, razor, stiletto, switchblade knife, or knife having a blade exceeding five inches in length.

724.4 Carrying weapons.

1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person who goes armed with a dangerous weapon concealed on or about the person, or who, within the limits of any city, goes armed with a pistol or revolver, or any loaded firearm of any kind, whether concealed or not, or who knowingly carries or transports in a vehicle a pistol or revolver, commits an aggravated misdemeanor.
    2. A person who goes armed with a knife concealed on or about the person, if the person uses the knife in the commission of a crime, commits an aggravated misdemeanor.
    3. A person who goes armed with a knife concealed on or about the person, if the person does not use the knife in the commission of a crime: a. If the knife has a blade exceeding eight inches in length, commits an aggravated misdemeanor.
    b. If the knife has a blade exceeding five inches but not exceeding eight inches in length, commits a serious misdemeanor.