Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Deadwood // The Dukes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Feb 1, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

So I go to check this pour we have scheduled last week, at www.melodyranchstudio.com and man, was that cool.

First of all, they are filming the HBO show "Deadwood there. Got to walk thru the entire town. Like stepping back to 1877!

Secondly, these boys had the contract to supply the Chargers to Warner Bro's. Studio's for the Dukes of Hazard. Andre told me they located, painted and delivered 239 Chargers. 54 were original R/T's. He walked me through the "museum"...General Lee roof tops, doors ( 01, baby!), and wheels etc. all over.

Thirdly, he has 40 tanks that he rents to the studio's. Not to mentio the 7 ton, 5 ton, and 2.5 ton AM Generals running around the place.

Sometime living here is OK.:D

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Ca, I'll visit, be hard pressed to get me to live there ;)

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

SWEET. Do they give tours? I'd like to tour it sometime when we are out visiting my Grandparents.

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Damn there goes another 239 sweet restoreable MOPAR B bodys
    that kinda sucks but oh well they go where the money is:frown1:

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Nice!! That would have been awesome!

I'd heard a lot of the cars they were going to use were pretty banged up, that they just had a few real cherry ones for close up scenes. Would you say that looked true?

I would've loved to see some tanks!

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

actually, not all of them were Chargers. i remember more than one scene where you could actually tell it wasnt a Charger. looked more like a Dart than anything.

7. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

bigyellowjimmy, yes, 20K people a year tour their museum. It's only 1/2 hr. from Fillmore, so keep in touch. They also host "Cowboy Poetry Day's", where the museum and lot is open for tours. I think that's in the summer. I'll let you know.

Just for clarification, the Charger's they supplied were for the T.V. show years ago, not the movie coming out this year. Andre and Reneault were really cool letting Danielle and I have the run of the place,...good people. As a matter of fact, Andre 's main job is pastoring a church.

Like I said to Andre, "cowboy stuff and tanks...what more could you want?" Everyone laughed and agreed!

Bern :usaflag: