Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

deal of a liftime gone wrong

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudslinger97116, May 18, 2003.

1. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

a couple of weeks ago i called about seats for the jimmy,my luck they were gone ..but he'd sell me a complete a/c ststem from cond.to vents for $75. sweet so i drive 45 miles to get the parts and he starts throwing in a core support wheel and colum trim and a bunch of misc. what a deal i end up giving him an extra 20 .i start home and it's raining pretty hard i get about 5 miles away .the ford gets pissed about haulin gm parts and the wipers quit.i finnaly find a napa get rainx drive home real slow hit rush hour.end up paying $285 to ford for parts.then today i picked up my fenders and the driverside front brake locks up /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. has this happend to anyone else ?do i need to buy a gm to get parts?

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Never happened to me. I don't/won't drive F@rds

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

What did you expect? Its a Ford. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. Blazerholic

Blazerholic Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    the ford gets pissed about haulin gm parts and the wipers quit. then today i picked up my fenders and the driverside front brake locks up /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. has this happend to anyone else ?do i need to buy a gm to get parts?

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, kinda like makin yer wife carry lingerie that yer gettin for yer girlfriend... NEVER a good idea!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

it gets worst..i traded a 68 chev 3/4 ton for it.neither one ran but the ford needed a front clip.traded my bro.i got hosed. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif