Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Death bed.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just found out that my aunt has been given 1 month too live. My mother is pretty upset, I don't know what too say. I feel bad that my mother is loosing her sister, but I don't see any point flying down there when there is nothing we can do. I don't want too remember my aunt on her death bed.

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that. :( There is nothing worse, than knowing there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Cancer. What makes me mad is that my uncle waited 3 weeks too take her into the hospital after he noticed her being confuced and sluring her speach. Her brain is swelled. They are seeing sevreal spots on her brain.

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i know exactly what you mean about not wanting to see someone on there death bed.... but i personally know that in my case when i was in this situation of having to see someone i love in that condition i knew that i would always remember the way they were before. i was not willing to put myself in a position to where i would regret not visiting the last time i may ever get a chance.

whatever you decide i hope very much that everyone in your family is able to get through this alright and i'm sorry for the bad news.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's the money thing too. If we fly down now, we won't have the money too fly down for the funreal.

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

My dad has a tumor in his chest that is cancer. It was confirmed about a week ago or so. However, the surgeon thinks that they can remove it pretty easy. If they would not be able to, then he said it would only be a matter of time until it would kill him, even with chemo & rad. Although the news that they will probably be able to remove it is great... they first need to run a test to make sure it has not gotten into his bones. I guess the idea being that, if it has, then they won't waste his time...

Sooo..... everyday .. all day... lately,.. I spend a lot of time hoping that everything will go well, and the outcome will be good. It's weighing pretty heavy on me, since my mother has already passed away in 99. I'm pretty attached to my dad... not only is he my dad, he's a great person and all my friends used to spend about as much time with him as they did me.. LOL :crazy: :grin: Plus, he is without doubt, the best mechanic I have ever met... and I know when I don't understand something, he's always willing to spell it out for me. It's hard to picture him not in the picture for a while longer..

So, all i can do is pray and have faith... and make sure I help him with anything he needs.

7. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear that, its the waiting that gets to ya, sad business there, best to you and your mom

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Thats terrible news....

My thoughts are with you Z3PR..I know all too well about death of loved ones--my dad suffered 10 years with parkinsons disease and stomach problems--he was bedridden most of those years..it was hell to see him in that condition..and my mom wasn't very kind to him while he was sick--that made it even harder to bear...:frown1:

Now my mother is ill with Emphasema,nearly died 5 years ago--I saved her by getting her to the hospital,and getting the rest of the family together--she is doing fairly well,but I know she is much sicker than she is letting on,and could go any day now..things here would be a lot different if she had died first,and she almost did--since she recovered somewhat,she has sold the lot we had next door,against my dads wishes,and blown all the money on my younger brother and foolishness like lottery tickets--I'm fairly sure she's nearly broke again now..:frown1:

I wish you and your family all the best--its sad you cant afford to go see her now,I understand your feelings though--it sucks when family is spread all over the place,and you cant see them until its time to say goodbye..

.My older sister and brother live 70-80 miles away,even that is a long enough distance to make it hard to go see them with todays gas prices...I hope you can call her and talk with her before she gets any sicker--I have had t make a few of those calls myself--and I know it wont be easy---pray for strength--,and for your aunt's health--God will be there for you...:crazy:

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Latest news; well, I guess my aunt is getting so bad she doesn't reconize her own daughter (My cousin). In a way, I hope it happens quickly, end the suffering. She (My aunt) can't get out of bed without help. My uncle wasn't able too get her back in bed. She was on the floor till my cousin and her husban could get over there too help tonight. I feel bad for saying " In a way, I hope it happens quickly, end the suffering." but it's how I feel. My aunt won't eat, hasn't hardly eaten in the last 3 weeks or better. I really hate too hear about her suffering.

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Hey Paul,

You might check into hospice. Theyt do a great job of comforting the family. My mother-in-law received a blood transfusion and the secret gift of AIDS at the same time.

She suffered for about 8 more years, before her body couldn't keep up. I know the hospice folks made a huge difference in the end.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

They are having hospice come in too help, but my uncle wants too keep her at home with him. I think she needs too be in a nursing home, but it's not my place too tell my uncle what too do. They're just out side of Tampa, Fl. so there is some good care in the area.

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

It's a lot nicer to have them at home in the end.

They are in a familiar place and the family will feel better that she is close.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

They moved my aunt to a Hospice house today. My uncle just isn't able too take care of her. They don't think she has very long.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Easter update. Hospice is saying my aunt has 2 to 3 days at the most. Been checking online on the price of tickets. It's outragous, $800.00 on up per person even staying a week. I feel really bad now because I don't think we'll be able too go to the funeal.

15. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Paul, call the ailines & check into deprieved (sp?) prices. You may have to provide proof when she actually does pass on, but it saved my broght 60% a few years back.

Sorry to hear about the situatin with your aunt. My thoughts are with you & you family.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thannk you, will call the airlines.

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

they do have discounts..

I think its called a "bereavement" discount on flights for attending a funeral on some airlines..might not be a bad idea to check them out..sorry to hear she's not expected to live long...but suffering is not a good way to go either.. :crazy:

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My aunt passed this morning at 4:45am Florida time, she was 76. From what I understand, my uncle is going too bring here ashes up in a month or two and spread the ashes in the Black Hills. They're going too have a service up here, so we're not going to go down there, we'll just go to the service up here.

19. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your families loss. At least she's no longer in pain.

20. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well said. My sympathy Paul.