Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Death in Family

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by babyburb, Jan 25, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

Received a call last night, my grand dad on my fathers side passed last night,

my grandmother on my mothers side is in hospital. Not sure if she is going to make it.

I was not very close with my grandfather, (lived way off all of my life) but my grandmother and I are a different story. She half way raised me.

Funny story... She found a penthouse under my bed at age of 12 or so and I thought I was toast. She told me "Better to keep it in your pants than to go do it for real"

The family signed DNR papers last weekend.

I'm at peace with it though, she lived a good life, 6 (birth) kids, numerous adobted kids (Indians off of reservations), 19 grand kids, 19 great grands. She was a lover and a fighter. (punched the nursing home bully in the eye ball on her first day:D :rotfl: )

So heres to you grandma. May your passing be painless and your eternity be wonderful in the presence of God. I'll see ya soon.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  2. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Our prayers are with you.

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

X2 :(