Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Death of a friend

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 99firehawk, Jan 19, 2004.

1. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Tonight we had to put one of our cats, romeo, to sleep. He was diagnosed with crf (cronic renal failure) on friday, and was hospitalized in intensive care since then. WE visited him every day and looked so much better yesterday. But tonight we went and he looked so horrible, he could not lift his head and could barely stand. We couldnt bare to see him like this and made the difficult decision to put him to sleep. He was only 4 years old and was really the first pet I ever had. He was the best cat he never did any thing wrong and its horrible that this had to happen. But I feel we made the right decision. Sorry about the post I just wanted to tell every one to hug their pets extra becuase you never know when something could happen.

R.I.P romeo

bradley

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

puttin a pet down is never fun /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Dude...sorry to hear that. I had to do it once for my cat.
    My dog had a siezure last night. Thought he was going to die in my truck on the way to the vet. He's OK but really has me concerned.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sorry to hear about your loss. Pets become members of the family. I think you did the right thing by ending the animal's suffering. I've had too do if a few times and it's never easy.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

sorry to hear, im not much of a cat fan evne though we have two in here,
    i have two wild cats in the neighborhood that are going down with pellet gun next time i see them, they keep coming over here and clawing up the two cats we have

pellet gun is next door, i cant wait /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

6. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm sorry. It's so sad to see animals go.

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear that...I've not only had to put down many pets, but used to work at a vet and had to see pets put down every day and some of the owners can't hardly take it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif We've had several die while here and I had to call the owners and tell them, that never goes well either /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I know exactly how you feel but you did the right thing. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Sorry to he that! We had to put our Shepard/Coyote down after 7 years cause of brain tumor and cateracts in both eyes, plus severe hip problems. I know how you feel! He was our best freind, and guard dog! He was always there for us and always went where we went. Pets are so hard to part with when you form a special bond of freindship with them. You can always get a new pet, But it will never be the same as the one you lost, But you can form a new type of freindship and bond.
    Bill