Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

death of a wonderful trail system

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by TheBlazerKid, Jul 17, 2000.

1. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

I regret to say that the favorite local trail of all the off-roaders and atv riders (I do both up there) has been completely ruined by logging, it used to be a whole network of mud trails with one central trail that rhad big mdholes and ruts to challenge you but they took a cat down the main trail and smoothed everything out so now its just a unrocked logging road then the jerks took there timberjacks (huge equipment that cuts down trees) down the smaller atv trails and ripped them all to sh!t and fell trees across them.... there still working up there and who knows what the final aftermath will be but all I know is that i was PISSED when i went for a ride on my quad only to find the trails all tore up!

Your right I dont understand the jeep thing!?

2. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

I know the feeling i hate that crap. That would happen to me when I'd go to ride my bmx and mountain bike and also my trikes over the years, its a real disappointment.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Not to start a flame war here, but does the logging Co. own/lease this land. They can't just cut where they please. You and others may have been trespassing. Are the trails in this area full of trash? Do people stay on the trail or just ride where they please? Try and work with them, alot of great trail system start as logging roads. Last join a club that is active in land use issues and get involved, the trail you save may be your own. The club I am in is doing that as we speek. If you (or anyone else) want the details let me know.
    Jim,80 GMC.

It's a Wheelbase thing, You're Jeep wouldn't understand!
    http://www.bigjbear.coloradok5.com