Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

death wobble 10 bolt??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nerraw117, Apr 2, 2007.

1. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

every blue moon. i get a bad death wobble on my 10 bolt. me and k20 recently rebuilt all of it, including ball joints. do y'all think they were put in wrong? or maybe one of my springs are sagging? (i been noticing that too) i don't want to take it to get it aligned since all they can do is toe. don't see the need but i have a alignment machine at school and work if i want to do it. i know alot of people have DW problems on d60 but this 10 bolt turd has it too.

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Did you replace TRE's and DRE's? What shape is the steering box in and are the bolts tight? What does the frame look like around the box?

Toe and tire balance can cause DW as well.

3. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

yes new drag link. no on tie rod ends. well i cant remember to be honest. steering box is new from junkyard, frame is fine. tires arent balanced. oh and my steering is ultra sensative. like you can drive it with a pinky. it wasnt like that before with the old box. this new one drives weird. like something is majorly wrong. but i know its in the box just weird