Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Death wobble caused by bad caliper???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by puckhead, Aug 19, 2005.

1. puckhead

puckhead 1/2 ton status

I've been noticing that my truck was progressivly getting touchier and touchier in fact 30 mph was about as fast as I could go. So the other day at work we were kinda slow so I figured that I'd have a quick peek at it so I pulled it up on the alingment rack thinking I was going to find majorly out of balance tire(s) (I thought my equal may have clumped). low and behold I couldnt turn my rf wheel by hand so (the caliper was tight). I ran and got a caliper real quick and threw it on as we got busy again. I wanted to look at it more but just wasant able to so I ended up driving it home with just a new caliper and to my suprise it was fine!

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Yep, could be a trigger. I just finished replaceing both rotors on my dually front (one was warped). It started death wobble if I hit the brakes hard enough. The frequency of the warped rotor happened to start the harmonic thing. Not fun