Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DEATH wobble on acceleration

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by The85k5, May 16, 2002.

1. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

Okay today i was driving alot....and some dumb jetta trys to cut me off, so i floor it and get up to about 65....this is on a straight street and ever since from about 25 up....(i've only gone up to 50) it wobbles like crazy when i'm on the gas! it will start wobbleing even if i barely have my foot on the peddle....any idea's???? it sux having a daily driver that u always gotta work on!

2. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

sounds like one of your rear universal joints is about to kick the bucket. i would crawl under your truck and check it out pronto. if that breaks loose there goes your driveshaft and whatever else it comes into contact with.

3. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

i replaced the u-joints and greased em, they were badly broken ....put some more tranny fluid in and took it for a drive.....this time i drove about 2 blocks straight and got up to like 35....it was fine no shaking....took a turn and got on the gas again...shaking was back! so i dunno...i checked the yoke on the axle too...it was tight so i dont know what is left to check...tranny maybe?

4. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

How long since you checked your U-bolts? If they are loose your pinion angle may be changing alot under accel. Might want to check your cross member bolts as well

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Try changing the tranny mount.......sorta hard to see if it's broken down without removing it, but it's a cheap fix and takes all of 20 minutes.....worked for me....(motor mounts will cause this occasionally also)

6. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

this may or may not apply but my old sblazer had the same problem and the mechanic that looked at it for said it was the ball joints but that was also and IFS truck but just and idea was told jack the front of the truck up and try moving your tires up and down and side to side hope it helps