Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Death woble-ish/crazy wandering + Solution

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lochenjons, Mar 30, 2007.

1. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

My buddys truck (78 k5) would go all over the road over like 35 mph. It wasnt so much of a woble as it was it would randomly pull really hard one way then 5 secs later go to the other side. And every bump in the road would throw the truck one way then the other again but even worse. So my we decide to swamp his front 35x14.5 (ish) swampers (pretty close to blad) with my 35x12.5 bfg muds. I drive my truck with his tires and nothing went wrong at about 35 mph and I said to him "see I told you it wasn't the tires...well it pulls to the right a little now...OH #$%#$@!" And it pulled back to the left and back and all over the road. We take his truck out with my tires and it drives all cherry. So we're guessing its the tires not the wheels? I thought at first it would be the rim/s are jacked up but I dont see how the tire would seat right enough to hold air and not leak any. Either way hes planning on getting all new tires and wheels.

2. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

Probably a shifted belt. Especially if they're bald. Swampers aren't known as the roundest of tires, just the loudest & toughest. :haha: Just some new tires will likely fix it. But if he wants to get the wheels as well, it's his money, but I'd bet that it's not necessary.

Later,
    Buddy

3. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

He mostly wants to get new wheels just cause he's planning on getting the whole set used off craigslist and then sell his and save the troulbe of mounting etc. Its not so much of a want as itll just be easier