Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Deaver Long Leaves

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 83 convertible, Jan 8, 2006.

1. 83 convertible

83 convertible Registered Member

Has anyone done the long-leave springs conversion shown in FWOR magazine. Just recieved my set of complete springs (front & rear) a couple of weeks ago. Now I am looking for a source for front shock hoops as I am going to use 7100 shocks also. Stephen already has the flip for my rear springs. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

www.bluetorchfab.com sells some universal shock hoops that could work out. Clearing the steering shaft is the big issue with shock hoops on K series rigs.

Never was much of a fan of the way FWOR did things on that setup, but it worked well I guess.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

This is by far the easiest and cheapest way to do it. it is a very reliable way to do it, so dont think its a rigged up way.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

are we talking about the same setup? I'm thinking of the one when they moved the shackle mount back a few inches into the body mount area. I didn't care for placing the shackle there.

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

thats the only one i can remember... yeah i dont like it either, a 52" swap is a much better option. if i did a swap like this id have the custum leaf shop make a spring pretty similar to the 52's...