Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Debadging??

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by badmix, Oct 23, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

I asked this previously in the garage. Got a lil bit of info. Basically I need to know how to get the emblems off the front fender and back quarterpanel off without destroying them. I pulled the taillight and still cant reach back there. Isnt there some kinda speed nut or something holding it on? How to get to it?

thanks

2. scasey28

scasey28 1/2 ton status

both sets of emblems are attached by two nuts. The rears should be pretty easy to access. However the fronts are almost impossible to get at. Im pretty sure that you'll have to remove the front fenders in order to get at the emblems. I went the east way and used tin snips to cut the fronts off w/o removing the fenders.

3. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Well I couldnt get my hand anywhere near the rear ones, I figured the fronts were behind the fender. I may jus snip them, but id like to try and save em. Ill see.

4. scasey28

scasey28 1/2 ton status

just a thought, you might be able to get to the rear ones, by removing the back break lights and housings. Since the rear fenders have dual layers.

-scott

5. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Already tried that, figured there would be room, there wasnt, I need to look a lil better I guess.

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Mine are just pushed into a clip that holds them in place.... It was this way one my 78 and also on my 87 tub/front clip.... I just used a rag and a screwdriver to stake mine off before I had it painted last time.....

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yup, they run barrel clips quite often, not always a speed nut...

I have no clue as to the year/manufacturer break down of it.. Maybe Chevy vs GMC? Pre 80? suppose it could be Plant location too...