Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Debate over

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, here's the debate. Do I get the Infinity Kappa 462.7CFP for my doors, or do I get the Clarion SIR-CL2 Sirius Satellite Radio tuner ?? If you had too pick one or the other for now, witch would you choose ??? Note; planning 1000 mile round trip road trip in near future.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, just ordered the SIR-CL2 Sirius Satellite Radio tuner .

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Putting some real Horse Power in my sound system !!!! Clarion DXZ945MP head unit, Sirius Satellite Radio, a MMATS D200hc amp, a Kicker L7 12" DVC sub, and in a couple of months I'll add the Infinity Kappa 462.7CFP in my doors. Car may just be a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS coupe (2-door) V6 FWD daily driver, but atleast I can have a Preformance sound system, LOL. Okay, it's no big compitition stereo system, and some of y'all blow it away with your systems, but for a everyday system, I'm pretty happy with it. It's a far cry from what the factory stock system was.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

UPS delivered the SIR-CL2 (Sirius Satellite Radio reciever) today. Tomorrow I'll figure where too mount it. I think I'm going too mount it in the trunk under the deck lid between the 6X9 speakers, so it'll be up out of the way. I just need some short sheet metal screws. Don't need too run a power wire or ground for it, It's powered through the CeNet cable. That'll make the install pretty easy. Run CeNet cable from headunit to SIR-CL1 unit, and hook up the antenna. Go online and activate my Sirius service. Done. :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Cable is ran, antenna is on, just having a hard time finding a place too mount the SIR-CL1 (reciever). Don't really want too mount it on my sub box, but might have too. [​IMG] (Note; The SIR-CL2 uses the SIR-CL1 receiver unit.)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005