Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

debt Q's one last time thanks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Mar 10, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

debt Q\'s one last time thanks

i appreciate anyone who takes their time to at least read, and maybe even reply to this subject

ok i called one of the two places that i am indebted to, and they said that i ma 50 days behind, heck i thought i was wayyyyyyyyyyyy further back behind than that,

anyways i explained to them about me having been employed at a company in which laid us all off quite some time ago and about how i have been unable to find income since then and that i really wish i could get this debt paid off and so forth, well they told me about a hardship program that would last for 30 days that would reduce APR down to 9% and would put payments down to only 22 a month, and they also told me about the credit counseling and that it would last until debt is paid off and would put my other debt i have with another palce with it and put paymernt monthly at 49 a month and also would reduce APR to 9%

remember my combined debts are around 3500 currently and zero income,

i think i could make 49 a month somehow to send them a month, about 75% sure,

which program should i get into ?

want to do one or the other fast, and i dont car what marks it puts onto my history, i just want to rid of these two debts, have had them for wayyyyyyyyyy too long., i should have never used nor will i ever use credit again, unless i am some millionaire or some junk

thanks for anything i appreciate it

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Re: debt Q\'s one last time thanks

There are some state sponsored services that will work with your creditors to assist you while you get back on your feet. Make sure they are a legit company, there are a few fakes out there (can you say Ameridebt)

Something like Consumer Credit Counseling Services are legit. Might be a place to start. At this point, if your not over 60 days due you still have a chance of salvaging your credit. If 60 and over, it gets harder.

Wish I could help more.

Chuck

3. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Have you actualy talked to "credit counselers"? Generaly they withhold payment for your debts(plus a fee)from your paycheck. I'm wondering if they would be able to do anything with out steady income. Call them personaly first, If they can pay both your dedts for about 50 a month, Hell you can make that selling plasma every month /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i dont have paychecks, thats the whole reason why im still in these debts, we have been out of work since august 02, i used ot make 1200 a month, sometimes more if overtime was available and that was 1.5 times normal pay plus x2 pay on sundays, so i figured these little debts would be nothing... asnd also figured any layoffs would be temporary enough to be worry free

well i was wrong.......!

at this point i have two choices:

A. ignore the debts and let them collect and collect bigger and bigger until i find work IE income, or B. choose one of the above two programs

i have no other choices at this point

im really really leaning towards the credit counseling payment deal at this point,

what else can i do ?
    these arne that bad of debts at all, but are for someone like me at this point, that 3500 feels/seems like 3.5 million currently

and liek i alreadtt stated above, i dont really give a rats ass what marks i have on my credit and how bad of one si get form goign with oen of these two programs, cant be any worse than simply ignoring them and not being able to pay anything at all on principle of either for who knows how much longer until some employer around will hire again finally, im tired of putting in applications and talking to managers only to be told the same damn thing, that they currently need no one but will keep the app just in case.

i dont know why any place would choose not to hire someone like me who has a few years of plant experience and plus is very mechyanically inclined and not scared of machinery and engines and anything else i could possibly come in contact and have to run in a plant or anywhere else.'

i dont think employers know what they want anymore, or ever. they seem to only hire prissy makeup kind of kids, i see it happen all the time, and they are the oens who end up being scared of getting dirty and end up skipping out of work and end up fired,.
    i love having to come in for hours upon hours on end and working hard and getting dirty and everything, thats all i do around here with vehicles and junk, for ten years now,

i just cant believe someone like me has been having such a hard time getting hired by a plant manager/supervisor, im confused and pissed, have been for quite some time now, but i try anyways at any place that i hear is supposedly hiring, but always ends up being that they are really not hiring when i get there to talk to the place,.

i better just stop now

thanks

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    There are some state sponsored services that will work with your creditors to assist you while you get back on your feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats probably what this hardship program thing is, i bet

[ QUOTE ]

Something like Consumer Credit Counseling Services are legit. Might be a place to start. At this point, if your not over 60 days due you still have a chance of salvaging your credit. If 60 and over, it gets harder.

Wish I could help more.

Chuck

[/ QUOTE ]

not going ot be able to salvage anything without help of one of these two programs no matter what, even if i magically found work tomorrow, wouldnt get first paycheck in time to get it to debtors within ten days, so im screwed either way, so far my best bet looks to be going with the credit counselign deal to consolidate both debts into one payment monthly and reduce the APR down to 9%, this all seems to be a HUGE improvement to me,

this would be tons/billons/gigantically better than the 160 minimum payment due on one debt and almost 100 minumum payments due on the other debt currently, also plus the over 20% APR due on each debt- doesnt it ?? or ami just imagining this ?

couldnt get any more improved and reduced than that i wouldnt think, especially for someone like me in my predicament with no income and such still yet wanting ansd wishing to be able to pay it all off.

thanks

6. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Don't ignore them, You'll only add legal fees to your debt. They might write it off but I would'nt take the chance.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well i either have to ignore them or go with oen of the above two choices/plans

so far it loks like i am going with the credit counselign option sinc eit iwll help both debts and APR and everything, unless someone knows of a better way for me at this point ? im all ears /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

i assume that they have not threated court action agaisnt me to cllect these since they are not really that much at all, so i guess im lucky in that regard?

no ?

thanks

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

One simple solution.

Quit whining, get the hell off your computer, and get a job.

I know I'm tired of hearing it, I'm sure others are too.

I lost my job a few months ago, took me 30 hours to get another one. Even $5 an hour is better than zero.

McDonalds and Wal-Mart are always hiring.

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    One simple solution.

I lost my job a few months ago, took me 30 hours to get another one. Even $5 an hour is better than zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

yawn

thanks for your very helpful reply i apreciate it so much, you really should consider starting a new local newspaper column entitled 'Dear Tim' or 'Ask Tim' you are such a great counselor/person of great knowledge and answers, maybe if you dont like certain persons' posts and have complaints about them then maybe you should consider not opening them or at least refrain from replying to them with useless info, i congratulate you on your great fortune of locating some employment where you live, maybe some day around here it will be so easy to find work, but that wont be until some day when maybe the number of unemployed around here drops dramatically.

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've read about some pretty shady "credit counselors" out there. Some of them charge monthly fees that are higher than the monthly credit card payments that you're making. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif And all they do is take YOUR money and then forward some of it to the CC companies that you owe. They keep the rest for themselves.

Oh yeah, once you do get a job and want to rebuild your credit, don't fall for one of those "credit repair" schemes. They just take your money and send you a pamphlet or something that tells you how to start small, perhaps with a secured credit card, and work your way up. You can get that info for FREE! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And oh yeah, NO ONE (other than perhaps the CIA or FBI /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) can erase your credit history. The companies that claim that they can are just preying on those who can least afford to be ripped off. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They get away with it because that know that 99.99% of their "clients" can't afford to sue them to get their money refunded. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

what type of job are you looking for and what income level?

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    One simple solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

yawn

thanks for your very helpful reply i apreciate it so much, you really should consider starting a new local newspaper column entitled 'Dear Tim' or 'Ask Tim' you are such a great counselor/person of great knowledge and answers, maybe if you dont like certain persons' posts and have complaints about them then maybe you should consider not opening them or at least refrain from replying to them with useless info, i congratulate you on your great fortune of locating some employment where you live, maybe some day around here it will be so easy to find work, but that wont be until some day when maybe the number of unemployed around here drops dramatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth is that I think you're an intelligent person that definitely has something to add to this country by going to work and doing something.

As I've always said, I would be more than happy to hire you to work my parts counter.

No matter how much people are unemployed, they're always driving. You know how to repair cars, a skill that not many people have. You even have tools, which most broke people don't have. USE THEM TO MAKE MONEY. The chances are out there, and as the weather gets warmer and people go on vacation, that business booms every year.

No matter how broke people seem, at nearly $2 a gallon, gas is still selling. People NEED their cars to go to work even when the economy is in the pits. Take advantage of it!!!!

The capital of this state is less than a 20 minute ride to work. You and a half dozen unemployed people can carpool to the local Wal-Mart. I'm SURE they're hiring.

Please, just do this for yourself. Quit your complaining, stop bitching about unemployment this and that, and go get a job. They're out there, you just don't want to believe that.

If you lived here, people would be begging you to work, and you don't live THAT far from me.

I don't mean to flame you, you seem like a good guy, just with no drive or detirmination to improve your quality of life. I don't ever see you post up about the dozens of places you visited in a week trying to get a job and still no results. I never see, "well I tried, but I still failed." All I ever see are complaints, and whining will get you NOWHERE.

13. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Randy, have you tried calling/emailing temp agencies withing a 50 mile drive of where you live?

I found 102 employment agencies within a 50 mile radius of you. Employment Agencies This is how most companies look for new people.

When I lived in Illinios I worked for a trailer manufacturer about 15 miles from home for about 3 months before being layed off. I drove to Peoria with a friend of mine and put in apps at a temp agency who found both of us jobs above minimum wage. With the 2 of us car pooling and splitting gas cost we were able to afford to drive the hour one way for work.

On the debt issue, go thru the hardship program and get your interest rate lowered. It will be much easier to pay it off with or without a job.