Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

deceleration valve on Q jet,. connect to ported or intake vacuum ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Nov 19, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i assume its supposed to be connected to intake vacuum source since it does not push plunger shaft out to hold throttle on carb open unless it is getting vacuum to it

or is it not like that ?

or should i just scrap the idea of putting deceleration valve back on the carb, it is original setup for 83 k20 with 350 4bbl and 465 tranny

i probably shouldnt run it, really is no need for it, all it does is slow up the speed at which engine returns to idle

that could be a bad thing to have happen in some instances, right ? or is it to keep from slowing up too fast when using engine to slow up truck ?
    maybe ?

this is the last issue with carb refurbish for the truck, hopefully it be all done tommorrow,. finally

thanks

2. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

it must help keep the carb from loading up- like when you get all over it and then half to shut it down and stop real quick. might keep it from stalling.

or it might just be a pain in the ars to mess with. all the old q jets don't have em and are great in my opinion. your call. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif