Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

decent alarm?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Jonny-K5, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

im moving to a new neighborhood and i'll be parking on the street pretty far away from the apartment.i'd like some added security. what are good brands for car alarms? i'd like to have remote door locks(already have PDL) built in. remote rear window would be cool too if possible.what does a typical install cost? is it worth it to install myself?

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Jon, check out Powerlock. I talked to the guy that invented it the other day. There's a really good installer in Huntington Beach that can fit it with our starters, and the inventor said he'd come down and meet me to discuss the install and some other cool stuff they're working on. I'm going to get one put in as soon as I get back from my next biz trip. Also putting in removable steering wheel, Jacob's anti carjack kill switch, and thinking about adding an Alert track (gps tracker).

For the stuff inside I'm still working on it, but it's moving along...

Powerlock: Powerlock

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

4. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

I've Always Used Viper And Never Been Unhappy My Wife Has The New Viper On Her Truck With The Lcd Display And Remote Start And The Remote Will Beep And Vibrate With In A 1/4 Mile Of The Car When The Alarm Goes Off And Display What Sensor Is Going Off I Love I Think Im Going To Upgrade To That On My Truck Too