Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

decent truck needed in Spokane area

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by MEPR, Jul 28, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Oct 21, 2002
    Well my dad whants to get a truck that he can go tearing around whith me in. From what he has said he would whant a 1/2ton whith 350/sm465/np205. Now does anyone know where one is in the spokane area thats NOT built up at all?
  2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey. Nick knew a guy that had a '78 1/2 ton 4x4. Low miles on a 350 motor. SM465, 205, all stock.

He was going to trade an S-10 pickup to the guy for it, until the S-10 caught fire. I could ask him how to get a hold of the guy.
  3. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Dec 3, 2002
    I have a 77 Chev 1/2 ton 4x4 tha I would be interested in selling. It has a 350/350/203 right now, but I do have a sm465/np205 ready to drop in with everything (pedals, shifters, column, radiator, etc.) that would make it a four speed truck. I also have a complete dual saddle tank setup. I would take $2000 as is, minus axles. Right now it has the 3/4 ton axles I built for my Blazer under it, but I do have a Dana 44 and 12 bolt with 3.73:1 gears that work great and 33" tires on steel wheels (nothing special, but would last for a while). I have used it as a daily driver for the past year. I'm driving it to work tomorrow. The body is good except for the right bedside is rusted and banged up. Was like that when I got it. It does have a 4" lift with way stiff rear springs. The front bumper is one that I built myself out of semi-truck frame rail (I used to work for Freightliner), or I do have a good stock front bumper I can throw in. If you want me to convert to 4 speed, I can, but it'll cost ya. Let me know what you think. You can pm me or call 360-882-9055.
    T-roy /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
  4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Well, I have been thinking about selling my 1979 Chevy K10 and just buying a 3/4 ton or possibly a 1 ton...
    Imagestation pics
    I am the second owner and the truck has 135,000 original miles right now.

350 V8, new distributor, water pump, plugs, wires.

SM465, NP205 Seal is leaking between tranny/tcase and needs to be fixed, splines on Tcase input are worn but just about all of these are. Easy to replace the worn parts while fixing the seal anyway.

New dual exhaust

New poly body mounts

31 x 10.50 x 15" Les Schwaub Wildcat AT's

Chrome rims

Rust free and clean inside/out, tinted windows.

I have both the original pickup bed and a flatbed for it.

I am 2 hours from Spokane and can meet you 1/2 way if he wants to look at it.

I will be asking $3000 firm for it. Very hard to find a nicer original truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif