Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Decisions!!!!!! (COME ON PEOPLE!!!)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Sep 21, 2001.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I have come up with two plans for the blazer this coming summer. As of right now it has a brand new 350 tbi crate engine with 3000 miles, 700r4 raptor year old, 14 bolt ff with detroit, 10 bolt converted to 8 lug with an eaton posi.
    4.10 ring and pinion, 35x14.5x16.5 ssr's on 16.5x9.75 589's. The lift consists of 6" front superlift softrides with ORD's shackles. Rear is ORD's and 2.5" superlift softride. Just giving background info for those who don't know my rig, which is probably alot since i never talk about it. Also the ssr's are wearing out quickly, i'm putting at's on it at christmas for street tires. So plan #1 Get the doubler, get dana 60 with 4.10 in it, keep the ssr's for trail tires. OR Plan #2 get the doubler, keep the 10 bolt, carry spare shafts, get 3 inch body lift, chop fenders more than they already are and get 38.5's or 42's and be very gentle for 5 or 6 months till i can afford a 60. All this depends on price too. If i could find a set of decent used trail tires for a good deal it would help. I definately want 15's or 16's this time due to debeading. Also, how much you think i could get for parting out the 10 bolt?? Would consist of the eaton posi practically brand new. Chose eaton cause it's rebuildable. 4.10 ring and pinion also very new. 8 lug conversion, including warn premium hubs, 8 lug hub assembly, 8 lug rotors (could get them warrantied out for brand new ones) that also goes for the pads, and calipers. also all bearings and races are less than a year old with less than 5000 miles on them. Or i guess i could just sell the whole axle. Oh well let me know what ya'll think. They are dreams right now, but i'll make them a reality soon!!!! Thanks - Doug

Doug Krebs<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by KrebsATM02 on 09/21/01 07:39 AM.</FONT></P>

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Re: Decisions!!!!!!

<font color=purple> You could give it to me and never look back !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Re: Decisions!!!!!!

What happened to plan #2? [​IMG].... both sound good... weigh what you plan on doing with the truck and want to do on and off road and make the mods according to what will be the best investment of your time and money.....

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
    &lt;&gt;&lt; MARK 1:17 &gt;&lt;&gt;

4. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I vote for plan #1. If you are headed that way now, why spend on an axle you will have to sell for less than you probable have in it. (comment based on the assumption you have to get spare shafts and not that you already have them)

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by azblazor on 09/21/01 09:29 AM.</FONT></P>

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I second azblazer. Why do something twice so to speak?
    Do it right and do it right the first time!

"you know... the guy with the BAD A$$ spring perches!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

6. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Another thing to think about but Im sure you dont want to hear this. I would think about going up on the gears if your going to that big a tire. Especially since you got the 700. But with the doubler I guess you dont really need to to. Just a thought. But your street RPM's will be a little too low and you'll never even get close to using the overdrive. Which may or may not be a good thing. That is debatable.
    Just keep your thinking cap on when your making a final decision. And keep us posted by all means. [​IMG]

"you know... the guy with the BAD A$$ spring perches!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>