Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Decisions Decisions... Also What is up with used car lots?!?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Hummmm... Time to get a new vehicle. It's been the customary 6 months, I don't use the Scout for the purpose I bought it for or the purpose it was built for and it's not too good for what I DO use it for.

So it was off to the used car lots today. Saw a REALLY nice 91 Cherokee for $2975. The lot owner had to jump it and I didn't have time to drive it.

I went to a bank and picked up a loan application form. Went to another bank and found out that since I have ZERO credit I had to have a cosigner related to me and in town, so that kicks me out of that bank since my parents are my only in-town relatives and their credit couldn't BE any worse. Also thinking this other bank will turn me down.

Another thing I came up with is when I went to the first lot to get info on the Jeep to put on my loan application, the place was closed for the day and the Jeep was gone. I'm hoping he just took the Jeep home or something to look cool driving something an old man who can barely walk shouldn't be driving.

SO... I went to another lot that also doesn't offer financing. They have about 5 Suburbans. a 96 for $6000, an 80 something for $4000, an 84 for $3000, and two other 80 somthings for about $3000. Looked at one. No rust, no third row seat, the left barn door was bent up like someone took a hammer to it, but it opened fine.

That one didn't start and needed to be jumped, but the guys box was charging and I didn't want to dig out my cables just to drive this truck. So I went to the 84. This one has a pretty straight body, some hail damage, and some surface rust. Good interior otherwise. Get the keys, try to start it.. nothing. Doesn't start... Needs to be jumped... I say I'll try again tomorrow or something.

Blech, I hate car hunting, especially when I want to finance something and the only places that offer financing don't have what I'm interested in looking at /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Is it some kind of rule at used car lots that the battery is to remain uncharged while on the lot?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Just keep your Scout. Or if you must, sell it and get the cash and pay cash for something else. Don't mess with banks, loans and credit for now. You are too young to be going into debt and paying off stupid interest on crap you don't really need.... trust me here.....

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I agree, you're better off getting some cash up, and buying from a private owner then a car lot. Getting a loan is a pain in the .....,. Car lots charge hella way more then the vichiles are worth. A friend traded in his car at a lot, he got $1,500.00 for it. The next day they had a $7,500.00 price tag on the wind shield. They sold it in 2 weeks. $6,000.00 pure profit. Thats how car lots work, keep that in mind.