Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Decisions, decisions..... Amp advice

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Erich_in_AZ, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

OK, I'm putting together some sound in my DD (VW bug) and I have a couple of ways to go. I still have some of my old equipment gathering dust in the closet. Well, this is what I'm thinking and I'm looking for some feedback.

I just bought a new Fosgate RFX9400 (Cheap /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) for my head unit. I'm pretty much planning on running a single 10" sub behind the back seat. I have the following amps from my last car. All are Hifonics Series VIII

Cupid - 22w x 2
    Juno - 22w x 4
    Ulysses - 25w x 2 (High Current Platinum series)

The Ulysses needs repair. I am thinking of getting a DVC 10", and running the Juno bridged (down to 2CH, 1 per VC). I can use the HU for the door and rear speaks. I'm planning either 6.5"'s front and rear, or a 6" component set up front and 6.5"'s in the rear. Another option is to get the Ulysses repaired, bridge it and run a DVC sub (parallel), and use the Juno for the rest.

Or I could just sell it all and get a single 5 ch amp.....

What are your thoughts? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Erich

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you've already got equipment that you like, go for it. I'd say get that one peice repaired, it'd be cheaper then replaceing. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Be careful running a 4 channel amp bridged to each coil of a dvc sub. If your signels are not identical on each coil then it will not do the sub much good. Try and search for a 2 channel or make sure you use a splitter on the rcas so you have an identical signal to the front and rear inputs.